The consultation is now closed.
Thank you to those who have participated in the survey and public events.
The consultation results will be taken to the next public Governing Body meeting in June, 2017.
Local NHS leaders are seeking the views of the public over the future of GP services in Hereford City.
A consultation into a number of proposed changes is launched today (3 March, 2017) and closes on Monday 24th April, 2017.
These proposals are designed to ensure that the Clinical Commissioning Group can secure the very best services for patients, who should expect the same high quality of care seven days a week.
We are therefore proposing to:
- Change the current GP Access Centre (walk-in centre) next to Asda into a dedicated GP practice by relocating the Ross Road branch of the City’s Moorfield House Surgery, ensuring there are accessible primary care services with good transport links and parking;
- Relocate the seven-day service currently provided by Taurus Healthcare at Wargrave House Surgery on St Owen Street to the Asda site. This means there will be a primary care service for people registered with Moorfield House Surgery from 8am – 8pm seven days a week. In addition everybody registered with all other Herefordshire’s practices will be able to book appointments from 6.00pm – 8.30pm Monday to Friday and from 8am – 8pm at weekends and on bank holidays;
- Encourage and support people across Herefordshire to register with a GP Practice so that they can benefit from the best possible, continuous care. We will develop a plan to improve access to GP services for people who find registering with a GP difficult.
Full detail on the proposals and a downloadable version of the questionnaire are available on this page below. Come along to one of our events to find out more and have your say.
Have your say events:
Wednesday March 15, 2017
- 3-5pm, Kindle Centre Asda Stores Belmont Ct. Hereford HR2 7JE
- 6-8pm, Kindle Centre Asda Stores Belmont Ct. Hereford HR2 7JE
Wednesday March 29, 2017
- 3-5pm, Hereford Town Hall, St Owen's Street, Hereford HR1 2PJ
- 6-8pm, Hereford Town Hall, St Owen's Street, Hereford HR1 2PJ
Electronic consultation Survey for seven day primary care services in Hereford City
Consultation document for seven day primary care services in Hereford City .pdf
Consultation Survey for seven day primary care services in Hereford City [pdf] 232KB
Equality Impact Assessment for seven day Primary Care Services in Hereford City [pdf] 330KB
Quality Impact Assessment for seven day Primary Care services in Hereford City [pdf] 254KB