Our approach to patient and public involvement
Herefordshire CCG is committed to involving patients, carers and the public in their care and in the planning and development of services.
You can be involved in different ways, these include:
- Making more decisions about how your own health needs are met
- Getting involved locally in helping to shape the way that services are being provided in your area
- Helping to decide what services are needed, who should provide them and how.
Our approach to how we involve patients is described in our Communications and Engagement Strategy. This includes our vision for engagement and our key principles for engagement, which are as follows:
We will ensure people have their voices hear and can have their say about Herefordshire’s health and care services in a variety of ways, that are easily accessible and at a time and place convenient for them.
The good practice approach we have followed over the past year will continue and include the following examples of how the Nolan Principles continue to guide our actions:
- Identify and use the most effective methods of communicating and engaging with different groups of stakeholders (see appendix B) to ensure everyone has a voice
- Develop digital stakeholder networks to engage people and spread messaging more widely. A digital stakeholder map is included in appendix C
- Use plain English to provide consistent, simple messaging to be understandable to all
- A proactive approach to briefing key stakeholders in an open and transparent way
- Logging contacts/conversations with key individuals and groups on a shared file
- Review frequency of contacts with key stakeholders to make sure each are contacted proactively when appropriate
- Maintain a calendar of events which is updated regularly
- Careful planning for briefing on specific announcements
- Proactive approach to briefing the media – including offering interviews.
For all communications relating to the STP and One Herefordshire, we will work closely with partners to develop a consistent approach and joint messaging where feasible.
Our engagement work in 2018-19 is summarised in our Patient and Public Involvement Annual Report.
If you want to find out more information about what work has taken place more widely across the CCG then our corporate annual reports are available to view.
Find out more
Within these web pages you can find out more about the work that we do and how you can get involved yourself. For more information take look at the following sections:
- Involvement in Governance
- Ways to get involved
- Current engagement
- Listening to you
- Our local population
- Support for you
- Feedback and evaluation
If you require any of this information in an alternative format please call 01432260618 or see our Accessible Information Standard for more information.