Thursday, 15 June - Governing Body decision outcomes
Herefordshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has agreed not to recommission a walk-in service at the Asda GP Access Centre in Hereford.
At its public meeting yesterday (Thursday 15 June 2017), the CCG’s Governing Body approved a decision not to renew the contract for the Nestor-Primecare Services walk-in centre, based at the Asda GP Access Centre from the end of July 2017.
Instead, proposals were agreed that the Ross Road branch of Moorfield House Surgery and the primary care access hub (currently provided by Taurus Healthcare at Wargrave House Surgery in Hereford) will be relocated to the Asda GP Access Centre site.
The aim of this is to strengthen GP services in the South-Wye area of the city and forms part of a larger county-wide programme to deliver high quality primary care across Herefordshire.
For more information please see the press release here.
Friday, 02 June - Governing Body decision rescheduled
The Governing Body meeting for the outcomes of the seven-day services public consultation and recommendations and decision on Hereford GP Access Centre (Asda walk-in centre) has been rescheduled.
The meeting will now take place on Thursday, 15 June 2017 at 5pm at the Shire Hall.
This meeting was originally due to take place on 30 May, 2017, but due to election restrictions this had to be postponed until confirmation from Government that we could go ahead and resume regular business and decision making post-election.
Notice of meeting postponement
The CCG Governing Body meeting to be held in public on 30 May, 2017 at 5pm at the Shire Hall has been postponed.
This postponement is due to election restrictions as a result of the snap general election.
The agenda for this meeting will include the outcomes of the seven-day services public consultation and recommendations and decision on Hereford GP Access Centre (Asda walk-in centre).
We will keep you updated.
24 April 2017 - The consultation is now closed.
Thank you to those who have participated in the survey and public events.
The consultation results will be taken to the next public Governing Body meeting in June, 2017.
3 March 2017
Local NHS leaders are seeking the views of the public over the future of GP services in Hereford City.
A consultation into a number of proposed changes is launched today (3 March, 2017) and closes on Monday 24th April, 2017.
These proposals are designed to ensure that the Clinical Commissioning Group can secure the very best services for patients, who should expect the same high quality of care seven days a week.
We are therefore proposing to:
- Change the current GP Access Centre (walk-in centre) next to Asda into a dedicated GP practice by relocating the Ross Road branch of the City’s Moorfield House Surgery, ensuring there are accessible primary care services with good transport links and parking;
- Relocate the seven-day service currently provided by Taurus Healthcare at Wargrave House Surgery on St Owen Street to the Asda site. This means there will be a primary care service for people registered with Moorfield House Surgery from 8am – 8pm seven days a week. In addition everybody registered with all other Herefordshire’s practices will be able to book appointments from 6.00pm – 8.30pm Monday to Friday and from 8am – 8pm at weekends and on bank holidays;
- Encourage and support people across Herefordshire to register with a GP Practice so that they can benefit from the best possible, continuous care. We will develop a plan to improve access to GP services for people who find registering with a GP difficult.
Full detail on the proposals and a downloadable version of the questionnaire are available on this page below. Come along to one of our events to find out more and have your say.
Have your say events:
Wednesday March 15, 2017
- 3-5pm, Kindle Centre Asda Stores Belmont Ct. Hereford HR2 7JE
- 6-8pm, Kindle Centre Asda Stores Belmont Ct. Hereford HR2 7JE
Wednesday March 29, 2017
- 3-5pm, Hereford Town Hall, St Owen's Street, Hereford HR1 2PJ
- 6-8pm, Hereford Town Hall, St Owen's Street, Hereford HR1 2PJ
Seven Day Services consultation questionaire