The Medicines Optimisation Team supports healthcare professionals across Herefordshire to optimise medicines use and ensure the right treatment choices are made.
The aims of the Medicines Optimisation Team are:
- To promote safe, evidence based and cost-effective use of medicines
- To provide up-to-date information and guidance about medicines and treatments
- To support prescribers and patients to make the best use of medicines
- To reduce the risks of adverse effects and harm caused by medicines
- To develop local guidelines and care pathways to optimise the use of medicines and management of conditions
- To work collaboratively with local hospital trusts and other healthcare providers to support medicines optimisation